With any personal injury claim, there are a number of factors that will go into determining the amount of any settlement. In DePuy ASR hip replacement cases, the settlement will based on the particular circumstances. No set amount of money that will accurately compensate every injury. Each person injured by a Depuy hip implant will experience different injuries.
As with all personal injury claim settlements, the amount of settlement will reflect the predicted jury award, the expected costs of trial, and the risk involved in going to trial. If the lawsuit were to proceed to trial, a jury will determine based on the individual facts in the case what damages are owed to plaintiff caused by the DePuy hip implant injury, both in pain and suffering and other non-economic damages and economic damages. Factors include
- The extent and duration of the injury suffered;
- The effect that the DePuy ASR hip injury had on the overall physical and mental health or well-being of the plaintiff;
- The pain and mental anguish suffered in the past and which will likely be suffered in the future;
- The extent of any disfigurement or scarring caused by defective DePuy ASR hip implants or their removal;
- The amount of any past or future medical expenses caused by DePuy metal-on-metal hip implants;
- Any lost wages or loss of earning capacity.
The DePuy ASR hip lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. believe that thousands of individuals throughout the United States are likely to bring claims as a result of problems caused by a recalled DePuy ASR hip replacement.
The South Carolina Depuy Hip Implant Lawyers of Reeves, Aiken & Hightower
If you or someone you know has been injured by a hip implant, contact the Depuy hip implant lawyers of Reeves, Aiken & Hightower. Our lawyers can help you evaluate your case and get you the recovery you deserve. Call us at 877-374-5999, or use this form, for your free consultation with an experienced attorney.by